Resources about the Maori Women’s Welfare League (click to download)
- From Humble Beginnings
- Brief Profile of the MWWL
- Māori Womens Welfare League Creed
- Māori Womens Welfare League Hymn
The Waiariki Region encompasses the area of the Māori Land Court boundaries which includes: Taupo, Mangakino, Putaruru, Rotorua, Te Puke, Kawerau, Whakatane, Taneatua, Murupara, Opotiki and Te Kaha.
The Waiariki Māori Womens Welfare League Incorporated Vision is to empower Māori women, empower whanau and create better futures. Our Mission is to use our collective values of manaakitanga, whānaungatanga and kaitiākitanga to support and strengthen our communities. Our focus is to breathe ‘Te Hau-o-Te Ra’ back into our organisation, Māori whanau and our communities.
Our primary objectives are:
- To continue to improve the social, cultural spiritual and economic wellbeing of Māori women and their whanau.
- To further provide support & assistance to Māori women & their whanau whenever & wherever possible.
- To preserve, foster & revive Māori arts, crafts and te reo Māori.
- To maintain & strengthen the ethics of Māori culture & tradition.
- To continue to promote, inspire and empower Māori women and their whanau.
- To encourage fellowship & understanding between women of all races.
Our secondary objectives are:
- To establish branches throughout its boundaries.
- To provide & raise by subscription or in any other lawful way funds for its charitable purposes.
- To continually foster and develop programmes to improve the health and wellbeing for Māori women and their whanau.
- To actively promote education programmes in improving health and wellbeing for Māori women & their whanau whenever & wherever possible.
- To partner with national and local organisations and government departments to achieve its objectives.
Waiariki Māori Womens Welfare League Incorporated is an organisation that enables members to play an effective part in the cultural, spiritual, social, and economic development of Māori women, their whanau and communities.